Speech & language therapy teamPortia Hayes
Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist at Fullerton House School
I work as a Clinical Specialist SLT, based at Fullerton House School. As part of my role I supervise some of the Therapy Assistants and offer advice and guidance across the group as part of peer supervision. I am also involved in service development and lead on therapy interventions across the group such as Lego Therapy and Attention Autism. I enjoy working as part of the Multidisciplinary team and I feel we make a real difference to the lives of the students at Fullerton.
I have worked for the Hesley Group since September 2015, previously I have worked in Special Schools, Enhanced Provisions and Community Clinics in the Doncaster Area as part of the NHS. Before that I worked in Essex as an SLT in a Special School where I developed the service from one SLT to a team of three therapists and two therapy assistants. The Special School had outstanding enhanced provision for Autism and Challenging Behaviour at each Key Stage.
I qualified to be an SLT in September 2006, when I graduated from the University of Essex with an MSc in Speech and Language Therapy, I also have a BSc in Psychology.
When I’m not at work I have a busy family life looking after my little boy, we enjoy swimming, long walks in the park and playing with tractors!
Meet another member of the SALT Team...
- Consultant Speech & Language Therapist and Director of Therapeutic Services
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Community Solutions & the Specialist Colleges
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist across the Hesley Group
- Speech and Language Therapist at Low Laithes
- Speech and Language Therapist at Hesley Village
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village
- Therapy Assistant at Wilsic Hall School
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village & Community Solutions