Speech & language therapyKaty Earley
Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village
Prior to working for the Hesley Group, I worked in various different shops such as Game Electronics and Lush Cosmetics. I studied Psychology, Sociology and English Literature at sixth form and planned to study Psychology at Sheffield University, however due to unforeseen circumstances I was unable to start my course and began to look for alternative pathways into the profession.
I have always had an interest in mental health and started as a Support Worker at Hesley Village in April 2015, working with individuals with Autism and complex needs. I thoroughly enjoyed this role and felt that I developed a good understanding of the individuals we support at the Hesley Group. During my time as a Support Worker, I achieved my NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care and began to study my NVQ Level 3. Following this, I actively looked for opportunities within the company to progress and the Therapy Assistant role arose in July 2016. I worked at Fullerton House School (Children’s Services) for seven months before transitioning to adult services in February 2017.
In my spare time, I enjoy playing various different instruments such as the ukulele, trumpet and piano. I also enjoy playing video games and I am an avid reader.
This role has given me a good insight into different clinical roles and I am becoming increasingly interested in Occupational Therapy. In the future, I am still planning to study Psychology at degree level (through an Open University alongside my current profession) as I feel it will allow me to gain experience relevant to my future career.
Meet another member of the SALT Team...
- Consultant Speech & Language Therapist and Director of Therapeutic Services
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Community Solutions & the Specialist Colleges
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist across the Hesley Group
- Speech and Language Therapist at Low Laithes
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist at Fullerton House School
- Therapy Assistant at Wilsic Hall School
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village & Community Solutions