Speech & language therapy teamEmma Tester
Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
I have been at the Hesley Group since June 2016. I studied Speech and Language Therapy as an undergraduate degree at The University of Sheffield. During my time at University, I completed a range of placements with children and adults, including on an adult stroke ward, with an adult learning disability community team, with a paediatric Autism assessment team, and within a specialist education school. Alongside my studies, I undertook some support work with young people with complex needs as a personal assistant. I also completed a beginners Makaton and British Sign Language course. It was this experience that made me particularly interested in working within this setting.
I graduated in July 2015 and began working in my first post as a Speech and Language Therapist at an ICAN Communication Specialist School with students aged 16-19 years. I remained there for 9 months on a temporary contract, providing me with key skills that I have carried forward to the Hesley group now.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family who live all over the world; New Zealand, Barcelona, Amsterdam, and London, and I have plans to visit them all over the next year. In the future, I would like to develop my skills as a Speech and Language Therapist, become Dysphagia trained, complete the Makaton local tutor course, and gain more experience supporting people with complex needs.
Meet the team:
- Consultant Speech & Language Therapist and Director of Therapeutic Services
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist across the Hesley Group
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Community Solutions & the Specialist Colleges
- Speech and Language Therapist at Low Laithes
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist at Fullerton House School
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village
- Therapy Assistant at Wilsic Hall School
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village & Community Solutions