Occupational therapy team
Occupational Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
I initially studied at Dearne Advanced Learning Centre, then attended Doncaster College to study Health and Social Care to Diploma Level 3. This then enabled me to study my Occupational Therapy (OT) BSc at Northumbria University. My post at the Hesley Group is my first post graduate role, I was very keen to work within a non-traditional OT setting, something more role emerging and challenging. The Hesley Group has supported this in terms of needing to be creative and flexible in how we engage in our role as OT’s.
Whilst at university I had 5 practice placements: Community Mental Health, Wheelchair Services, Elderly/falls rehabilitation, Acute Inpatient Mental health (which I loved!) and a role emerging placement in a special needs school. All of these have given me a wide range of knowledge that influences my practice within this setting. I have danced most of my life and this along with family and friend’s involvement with OT’s lead me into this career. Using creative and meaningful activity to improve well-being and independence sounded the ideal role for my personality.
My future career aspirations include learning more about mental health, particularly the forensic client groups. My main motivator for working in the Hesley Group is the chance to deliver a wide range of group interventions and seeing individuals that I support have the opportunity to develop a range of skills within those groups.
Meet another member of the Occupational Therapy Team....
- Head of Therapies and Occupational Therapist covering all sites within Hesley Group
- Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist covering all sites within Hesley Group
- Occupational Therapist at Fullerton House School
- Occupational Therapist at Community Solutions and the Specialist Colleges
- Occupational Therapist at Hesley Village
Occupational Therapist at Hesley Village
- Occupational Therapist at Low Laithes and Fullerton House School
- Occupational Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
- Therapy Assistant at Low Laithes
- Therapy Assistant at Fullerton House School