Occupational therapy teamLauren Waddington
Therapy Assistant, Fullerton House School
I started working for the Hesley Group in January 2017 as a therapy assistant at Fullerton House School. In my role I work across a wide multidisciplinary team and with a range of professionals in therapeutic services.
I graduated from the University of Huddersfield in 2015 with a BSc Honours in Psychology, a subject which I still have a keen interest in. It was at my time at University that I developed an interest in working with children with complex needs. I had a part-time job as an ABA tutor for a 4-year-old boy with autism, and also volunteered as an independent visitor for 3 years for Kirklees Council for a 11-year-old girl who was in foster care.
In my spare time I like going out with friends & family, going out to eat and going to music festivals and hope to visit as many as possible around the world.
In the future I hope to pursue my career in the psychological field. I am applying for a masters course in Child & Adolescent Mental Health to begin next year and in the long term I aspire to be a clinical psychologist.
Meet another member of the Occupational Therapy Team...
- Head of Therapies and Occupational Therapist covering all sites within Hesley Group
- Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist covering all sites within Hesley Group
- Occupational Therapist at Fullerton House School
- Occupational Therapist at Community Solutions and the Specialist Colleges
- Occupational Therapist at Hesley Village
Occupational Therapist at Hesley Village
- Occupational Therapist at Low Laithes and Fullerton House School
- Occupational Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
- Therapy Assistant at Low Laithes